
Here are some pictures I took at the Candy Magazine shoot, where I was features together with all the other fabulous boys in Lily Allen's vintage dresses and all the other pieces that led to frolics and amazing fun. The shoot was inspired by a 1960's cross dressing community in America, Casa Susanna (read more about it here), which documents from has been published as a very entertaining and warming book.
Candy is Luis Venegas' (below with Jeantte) newest project. Exploring transvestism and celebrating people expressing gender outside the norm. It is a fashion magazine, but also an important document of today, as was the iconic image of the dying Candy Darling (which ofcourse this magazine is named after), and I am very happy to be a part of it. It is sold out world wide, but if you want to have a look I know it is all over the web (this specific shoot was shot by Brett Lloyd and styled by Kim Jones). Luke Worral was also featured in some american talk show where they were like " Kelly Osbournes' boyfriend... is a drag queen!!". Hilarious!
So happy 2010 and cheers to a new decade full of fun, love and hopefully more understanding in the world. More people should put on a vintage dress and party like it was 1969!












2 comments:
wow i like ur blog..
cheers
x
yr purdy!
Post a Comment