Its 2010! and looking back, here are some of the songs from 2009 that still gets me ecstatic:
I was lying wasted and hollow in bed one early and cold morning listening to this on repeat, when I realised just how good it is..
Young Again makes my heart pound, pound & pound every time I hear it. Mighty!
2. Hunx & His Punx: Cruising
Hunx from Gravy Train!!!! have gone more or less solo and entertains me as much as I entertain myself dancing at home to this. Non-stop fun DIY pop with trashy keyboards and dirty references. Hunx makes me love the fact that I'm a boy!!
3. Fever Ray: Concrete Walls
Karin Drejer (and her brother) is probably some of the best musicians in the last decade.
Concrete Walls is 'sub-urban' & haunting, and hugely comforting. I can die to this song.
4. The XX: Teardrops
My friend Romy from the XX really surprised me when she sent over some of The XX's songs in early 2009. This totally fantastic cover with haunting guitars ala The Organ are just begging to be played out loud . To no surprise they have been growing huge since the release of their debut album this summer.
5. S.C.U.M.: Signal 2 'Berlin'
S.C.U.M. Great name, all very young.. moderately 'hyped' and with a very hot singer who loves the stage. I can't wait to see more of this band! What can I say..? Its just fucking sexy.
No comments:
Post a Comment