Thursday, April 28, 2011

AMAZING PEOPLE IN MY LIFE: 1 - MICHAEL COSFTIFF


I thought I should take a moment to feature some of the amazing people I know, and first out is the wonderful Michael Costiff. I have known him for a few years, and saw Michael today for coffee, and as always he is such a charismatic, beautiful and inspiring person!

Michael used to photograph back in the days, shooting the cover for the Cure's 'Pornography' and Siouxie & the Banshees records amongst others. He also told me today that he actually had a solo show at The Photographers Gallery in London... and that was the first time he showed his pictures to anyone..! There is many a stories in this fantastic man, but he is probably most known for his club Kinky Gerlinky in London.. Which was to say it mildy a complete legendary club. Offcourse, I was never there as I was just a child back then. Michael ran it with his late wife Gerlinde and anyone who was any fun was there.. Leigh Bowery, Amanda Lear and many many more danced to the beat of creativity, dress-up and positive energy.

With his long, silver hair he has many fans, and amongst them is Rei Kawakubo, which he walked for in the Comme Des Garcon A/W 2007/8 show. He also sells clothes and fantastic archive pieces at Dover Street Market and the newly opened I.T. Beijing Market as World Archive.

I am working with Michael on an upcoming project I am very exited about and if you want to get a glimpse of how his parties were... then I suggest you take a look at the video below. If anyone know hows to make you have a good time it's Michael!








No comments: