
My boyfriend Thomas went shopping this other day and came home with a blue Dries Van Noten cardigan and this amazing t-shirt with a leather harness print from Bernhard Willhlem. I love it! Looks much better on him than on Sagat! Then again, Sagat is not my kind of man.. But the cute cartoonie muscle lines are just much better when they look ironic.
Bernhard Willhelm have together with Raf Simons for a long time been a designer I really like. I guess it is the way they use social references outside the fashion world, sometimes political- or at least dealing with issues that are political, together with strong ideas that goes beyond the garments, that engage me:
"When I'm designing, I don't see the clothes as crazy. I've got to exaggerate to find the essence of an idea. In starting a collection, the most important thing is to bring an idea out quite clearly. Fashion people only react to very strong ideas. One season I was into rubbish, so I based the collection on McDonald's Happy Meal figures. That's all I needed. I design to express something."
(Hinterview)
B.W. is represented by Totem in Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment